PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING A MAINTENANCE REQUEST
Before submitting a maintenance request, please read the guide below. Completing these steps can save you money. Residents can be charged for minor repairs if the service person determines that the resident failed to perform routine maintenance task as outlined below:
- Toilet tank won’t hold water: Remove top of the tank and check to see if the flapper is properly closing at the bottom of the tank.
- Dishwasher won't drain: Clean food / debris out of bottom of dishwasher.
- Dishwasher grinds or no water is coming in: Turn off, if no water on the bottom pour two large glasses of water into the bottom and re-start. If the problem continues, call Haas Properties.
- No power to plugs or switches: Check and reset breaker panel to determine if breaker is in the on position. Check and rest all GFI outlets (located in kitchen, bathrooms, utility rooms, garage and basement). Use another appliance that works to determine if it is the appliance that is not working.
- Garbage disposal doesn't work: When on, do you hear a buzz? If you do not hear a buzz, hit the reset button on the bottom of the disposal and test. If you hear a buzz, turn off disposal and use a broom handle to forcibly turn the disposal. This un-jams the disposal. Remove the object that is causing the obstruction, turn back on, and test. Repeat until the object is removed.
- No hot water: Check thermostat on tank for proper temperature setting. Check that thermostat is not set to "vacation". Check and reset breaker in power panel. Check and reset button next to thermostat.
- Smoke detector beeps: Replace battery, check for proper wire termination connection.
- Hot water is too hot: Check thermostat on tank and turn down.
- Plumbing or fixtures leak: Turn off water fixture, turn off water at supply line and notify Haas Properties immediately
- Toilet is plugged: Plunge and test.
- No heat: Check thermostat. Check that furnace covers are properly attached. Check that a switch that looks like an ordinary light switch is turned on (located in or near the furnace room). Did you pay your gas bill or issue and order to disconnect the gas ?
- Refrigerator too warm or too cold: Check the thermostat in the refrigerator to see if it is set correctly. Clean off grill behind the refrigerator.
- Water drips from freezer to refrigerator compartment: Remove all food and store them in a cooler. Turn off refrigerator and allow it to defrost.
- No air conditioning: Check all circuit breakers. Make certain the kill switch (looks like a light switch) has not been turned off. Clean and replace filter and test.
- No electricity: Check all breakers, flip them to the OFF position and them to the ON position, check all GFI switches in bathrooms, kitchens, laundry room, garage and basement. Call your local power company.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Your request will be processed on the same day if received during business hours or on the next business day if sent after hours or on the weekend.
Please remember if we schedule an appointment with you and you do not honor that appointment you will be charged $50.00.
Still having problems?
If you have read through this list and none of these resolve the issue, please fill in a maintenance request.